Ignore attribute?

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Hi!

I read this part of the documentation and all seems nice and easy:

Ignore Attribute

And sometimes you need to add some extension property in entity class, when Insert/Update,will be exception,because not find the data column.on this time,you can add the Ignore to the special property,like this:

[Ignore]
public int TotalCount{get;set;}

this will skip the property when insert or update.

... but when I go to use this in my code, I can't find how/what I should do so that the [Ignore] attribute compiles?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2015 at 8:50 PM
Hi,
I have removed the ignore attribute from version 3 (it was a contribution) and moved it so that it potentially might be part of version 4 that is in the pipeline. However I have not decided yet if it will be included or not since some of the focus for v4 should be to reduce the size of the codebase to make FluentData more lightweight.
Developer
Mar 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM
yes,kindblad decided publish it to version 4.0.

and if you warried for use it,you can use the forked version:FluentDAO,it's base on FluentData,and add the ignore.

you can search FluentDAO from nuget.
Jun 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Hi again!

Was just wondering what the decision had been on the Ignore attribute. I see it's been taken out of the documentation (makes sense while it's not a real feature :), but personally I think it would be a great addition as it would be much cleaner (declarative and with the model, instead of with the data access code) than constantly adding exclusion properties to AutoMap.

Cheers and thanks for a great library!

Juan